Nyeri High School is located about 5 kilometres from Nyeri Town, along the Nyeri-Mathari Road in Nyeri County, Kenya. The facility sets
itself at a serene environment that is very conducive for learning and moral moulding. The school is sponsored by the Catholic Church, under the
Archdiocese of Nyeri. Nyeri High School was started as a Primary Boys’ Boarding School by the Consolata Missionaries in the year 1924. Very few centres
in the country offered education to African students at that time. Thereafter, the school became a Junior Secondary School in 1947. This was made possible
by the increasing number of Africans in the country that yearned for better primary and secondary education.
The school was later taken over by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart from the United States of America in 1948. Despite the change
of management .and ownership, the school continued recording exceptional excellence in terms of academics, not only in Nyeri, but across the whole country as well.
Later in 1954, Nyeri High School became a full secondary school and offered the first group of ‘O’ level Examination in 1955 under the headship
of Rev. Fr. Lionel. The demand for better education facilities kept rising in the region, as well as in the country. In 1963 the school successfully expanded its
reach with the introduction of the ‘A’ –level. Over a long time, the school has produced very prominent personalities in the country, some of which have risen
to high national offices of leadership.